Hamilton Library Board Meeting Minutes
Aug 2, 2023
Meeting called to order 6:05
In Attendance: Susi Pipkin, Sydney Ernat, Misty Doan, Sonja Farnsworth
Not In Attendance: Candy Hensley, Sarah Connely, Liz Little, Julie Dawson
- Approval of June minutes - Motion to Approve- Doan, Second- Ernat - Unanimous Vote
- Financial Profit & Loss Report
- Success with posting new books online
- Our Library is being honored with a visit from the State Library & Institute of Museums and Libraries. They will be coming August 29th from 3:15-4:30. Only 3 Libraries in the state were chosen.
- Summer reading update- Will end 8/5/23. Had higher participation than years past.
- Will be displaying the original librarian's typewriter from the old library. Donated by Kandi Railsback.
- All reports updated and turned in to state agencies.
- Number of new library cards issued is running on pace with previous years.
- New patrons now receive physical library cards as well as any who request one.
- State report due November.
- Back to school story walk Aug 21-Sep 9. Halloween/Fall Story Walk Oct 23- Nov 4.
- Plan to attend Library Meeting November 1 in Marceline, not Montgomery City on Sept 6.
- STEAM Mondays will begin again on Sep 18th and will end before Thanksgiving.
Motion to Adjourn- Doan, Second- Ernat - Unanimous Vote